Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Looking back

Hey. This is my first blog - ever, and to tell you a little about myself, I would like to do a recap of 2010, and maybe even a little before that. But first, I would like to mention that they don't have my favorite font: they don't have comic sans ms :( :P.
Well, as you can see, I'm a little random and perhaps a bit of a perfectionist. 


Anyway. Wow. God has given me an amazing year this year: he has filled it with allot of everything: Friendships, Love, Heartbreak, Nerves, everything. As i get older, the years seem to go quicker and quicker, and to be honest I'm a little scared that before long, I will be 'over the hill'. This year...Well what I remember of it:


The main thing in my life last year, has, of course been God. I have doubted and hurt, and with his strength, have pushed through and grown and learnt allot. Yes, being a Christian is hard, Yes, sometimes it seems that there is no reason, but God is there, and he will help all of us through the hard times. This year has had allot of hard times, but God allows them so we can grow, and I can honestly say that they help us grow and are for our good: our becoming more like him. Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.


The second main thing was relationships: friendships. I have never had a best friend before this year. Now I do, and I am very thankful that he accepted me. Thanks Josh for all the good times, all the laughs, and for putting up with me :) I hope I was as helpful to you as you were to me. Another friendship that I developed this year was one with a new teacher at school. In term 2 we got a new teacher, and we automatically got on really well. He is a strong, godly christian, and I hope to be like him when I grow up :D. He has been a great influence on our whole class, and I am very thankful to him for all the lessons he taught and the fun he let us have. I also strengthened heaps of other relationships which I had: Jess, thankyou. You have taught me heaps, and even if you don't think so, you are a great friend, and I am glad that you listen to me :) Thankyou. 
I suppose the lesson in this is that we all need friends. Yes sometimes it will be hard, sometimes you will be sick of each other, sometimes you will wish they were different, and sometimes you will wish you were different, but we all need friends, and these friendships shouldn't be treated lightly. Thankyou again Josh: you are the best friend I have ever had, and I truly hope that our friendship continues for many years: and into heaven, when we get there. Thanks for the support you have given me and i only hope that the support I offered you during those hard times this year was as helpful as the support you gave me.


So some of the last paragraph was meant to go in my special mentions and thankyou's but anyway: I can always say it twice


Last year has been the craziest year of my life. So many things happened, and I have so many regrets, but really I am thankful to God for every little thing that happened: that he let happen, and caused to happen. Nerves was a big issue: I had my 6th grade piano exam, and I was crazy with nerves, but I got through, and did pretty well :) God blessed me allot in that. One thing which I have started to learn is not to worry about what others think. Yes it matters a little bit, but it doesn't matter heaps: it isn't worth changing yourself over. Don't seek to fit in: seek to be yourself. If people are too stupid to like you because of it then its their problem. I have huge problems with this: I want to be like everyone else, and I am always seeking to be cool, but I am starting to learn that it doesn't really matter: it isn't worth getting stressed over. Everyone is different, and everyone needs to learn to accept everyone else as they are. One thing that brings this up is a new person at school. They really didn't fit in, and no one likes them, but everyone is wrong. This person is kind, she looks after everyone, she cares. she genuinely cares about others. Yes she has a few small problems, but so do I and so do you. Learn to accept people for who they are, stop trying to make them fit into your mould. being cool isn't worth it.


Anyway. Last year was great: I learnt heaps, I grew allot in God, I faced allot of hard times: with my friends, and without them. What I want to say to everyone who reads this is: push through. Life has lots of ups and downs, It will be hard: it will get very hard, sometimes it will even seem impossible. But PUSH ON!!! there is a reason for it all. If your not a christian then please, I beg you: seek God. Go to church, read the bible, but most of all: REPENT AND BELIEVE!!!! (if you want bible verses for that then ask) Repent: turn away from the sinful things that you are hooked on, and change. Tell God your sorry and ask him to help you change. Believe that he is the only way to God, he is the way, the truth and the life. Im happy to talk to anyone who is interested. Satan will make it hard for you, and being a christian wont be easy, but its what got me through this year: without God I would have died long ago. He has saved my life and gave me purpose. He is the ONLY way to be d=saved and get to heaven. I know that sounds arrogant, but the truth always does doesn't it? The real truth does at least.


So the rest of the post is dedicated to my friends. Read it if you want (and your not my friend) but you wont get much out of it. :D


Josh, I know I have already said thank you, but again, thanks. You have no idea how much I have depended on you this year. Your my best friend, and i don't say that lightly. Just keep seeking God. I will continue to pray for you, and I hope everything gets sorted soon. You are talented in so many areas: never think that you are worthless. But the praise comes with a warning. Don't let it get to your head. You are amazing, but don't get up yourself about it. God has taught me allot this year about being humble, and I hope he doesn't have to teach you the same way he taught me. Seek him, read the bible, come to church whenever you can. Pray heaps. 


Rachel, Sarah, Meg, thanks heaps for all the good times and the laughs. You have all been great friends. 
 Thank you Rachel for being my bus buddy: for caring about me, for seeing me when no one else could, for asking me what was up, even when you knew I wouldn't tell you. You've been a great friend. thanks for the deep conversations, and for the long and strenuous 'discussion' that we had. You have taught me allot, and shown us both how stubborn we are.
 Sarah. You have been a good friend this year. you have put up with me even when i was painfully annoying. I know that I was a pain this year: but thank you for all the good laughs at your expense. Ye Josh can zip his ear off :P But seriously, thanks for putting up with me and not hating me. Im going to try and change this year: try and stop being so annoying.
  Meg. Thank you for all the talks we had, and for all the encouragement you have given me. I made allot of mistakes this year, but thank you for forgiving me every time. Yes, in some things I believe I am right, but thank you for arguing. Yes we both have our problems, and yes we will never agree on some points, but thank you for always looking out for me and being ready to help me and talk to me and have philosophical discussions with me. You've been great.
 Mikki, I love you heaps: you are the best cousin I could ever ask for, and don't worry about what other people think about you: who cares what they think - they don't know you, and they never will. And if they will judge you before they know you, then they aren't worth knowing in the first place. You are beautiful, and I wish I could help you more then I have in the past. I'm sorry for not understanding, and for not listening. i am learning to listen, and please be patient with me. I love you heaps: never forget that, and please keep the good advice coming.
 Chloe. Thanks for all the good times, and all the laughs, You are a great friend, and i hope our friendship lasts for ages: into heaven and forever after that. Thanks for putting up with me and forgiving me all those times I was/am a Fathead. Please don't flick me :P Thanks for being ready to talk to me and for being ready to be honest with me. Thanks for caring when I was upset and for talking to me when you were. Thanks for not giving up on me, and showing me what friendship is: that it pushes through the hard times and the mistakes. Your great. Keep seeking God, reading his word and praying.
 There are so many more people that I could mention: thanks to Josh, brendan and owen and meg (again) for the great music classes: especially for getting me in trouble when you scrunched the piece of paper while hitting me with it  :P Thanks brendan for teaching me how to ply the piano, and for knowing how to play any instrument that you see. You have inspired me to learn more and become better at the piano, and start guitar. 
Thank you Sam and Matt, for the good times and the friendship: for Deep Blue, and for teaching me so much. You have both been great. Matt I think of you like a brother, and i hope our friendship continues to grow. i think you are amazing, and whatever happens, I hope you will always be my friend. Thanks for caring about me and worrying about me, and for the fact that even though we haven't known each other very long, for being my good friend. Sam, thanks for being part of my social life and for being ready to talk to me. You are both amazing, and I count you both as my close friends. 
 Thanks Renae for becoming part of the family :D.
 Jess, I said most of it before, but thanks for inspiring me to write this blog, and for always  being ready to be honest with me, and then talk to me when I wasn't feeling so good either. Stay close to God, he will never forsake you.
 But most of all, Thankyou Bethany, my sister. I love you SOOO much, and you will never truly understand how much that is. Thank you for putting up with me and for loving me. For always being ready to talk to me, and for looking after me. Your the best sister ever, and don't worry bout how you look: God made you beautiful, and thats what you are. Stop letting satan tell you otherwise: he is the king of lies and he isnt worth listening to.


Those were just some of the people i could mention. These people make me me, and without them, I dont know who or where i would be. Some perhaps have shaped me more then others (bethany, Josh) but you have all had a big part in my life. There are also many others: peter, thanks for putting up with me, Dan, Lever, Aaron, Jasmine, Adele etc.


Thankyou.

4 comments:

  1. Aww Nat!
    I love it! It's so encouraging!
    Thank you for being an awesome friend! I honestly don't know where I would be without our friendship... Thank you, and you are more than welcome. :)
    God has blessed me a great deal with you as a friend.
    Philippians 1:3-6
    "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
    I look forward to your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yer thanks so much! Thanks for our conversations back :)
    i feel so honoured to be posted in ur blog!!
    You litteraly made me lol in sarahs paragraph! hahahahahahaha she is sooooooooo gullible!!!!! but i love her :)
    I didn't realise untill the past week that YOU ARE A MASSIVE SOFTIE!! You are just about the only guy i know who will let anyone in on their emotions and it is great. i love it!
    Thanks for putting up with me. you have been a part of making me who i am as well. This blog is deffinatly worth sharing! Why dont u?
    thanks agian :)
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps dont' worry! i already let everyone know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol :) Well I suppose I just dont want to look like im trying to show off...? I dont know. She is, but yeah, shes a great person (Sarah) and she is a great friend, even though we hardly talk.

    Hahaha, Softie is good :P Well, I try to be honest and I've had my sister who is a massive influence in helping me, and so it helps me be a softie. This last week has been the hardest ever, today probably one of the worst. I'm glad you like my softness, and our chats :)

    ReplyDelete